Temporary Graduate Visa

Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) Visa gives the opportunity to gain international working experience, after graduation in Australia and it is a significant aspect in decision- making to study in Australia.

This possibility for international students in Australia increases Australia’s strengthens and competitiveness in the international education market.

The Temporary Graduate visa has two streams:

  • Graduate Work stream
  • Post-Study Work stream

The Graduate Work stream is for international students who have the skills and qualifications that Australia needs. It is important to have an Australian degree, diploma or trade qualification closely related to an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and be assessed by a relevant assessing authority as having skills suitable for that occupation. With this stream, you can usually be granted 18 months stay in Australia.

The Post-Study Work stream is for international students who have recently completed a Bachelor, Masters or Doctoral degree, regardless of the field of study. Students who have completed a Bachelor’s Degree (including honours) and Master by coursework are granted 2 years’ stay on this visa. For completed Master by research, you can receive 3 years’ stay and for Ph.D. degree 4 years stay in Australia.

For both streams, the applicant must:

  • be under 50 years of age
  • be the main holder of a current student visa or hold a student visa within the past 6 months before applying for a Temporary Graduate visa and now have a Bridging Visa A, Bridging Visa B or a substantive visa
  • meet the Australian study requirement by successfully completing at least 2 academic years (92 weeks) of CRICOS-registered course. To meet the 2 academic year requirement, you might be allowed to combine courses. Your study must have been conducted in English and you must have been physically in Australia for at least 16 calendar months to complete the study.
  • hold a valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland, or prove your English proficiency
  • have Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) that meets the requirements of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa


hello@australiancorner.com is a stop where you can get answers to all your questions, dilemmas and doubts.

Don’t wander, just ask for info.

Note: We work and assist you on any type of Visa you need, not just the ones that are provided on our website!